View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #27
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

One of the biggest hurdles America has to face is it's own myopic vision. We are notoriously CRAP at playing a long game. And we're more than happy to cut off our nose to spite our face.

Doesn't matter what side of the aisle you're on.

I actually don't mind paying taxes, because I know those taxes go towards making my life better. Could they be used more efficiently? Yes. Should there be more transparency? Oh hell yes.

But...I happy to pay for public schools.
I went to one, and I'd like them to be better than they were when I was in them. Also, I'd really rather not be surrounded by dumbasses.

As a relatively health person, who sadly has the pre-existing condition of having a uterus, I'd be more than happy to pay my portion of Universal health care.

I mean, if I got my insurance from the government, rather than as a condition of my employment? I could demand that money my company pays for me to be insured. Or I could finally leave my dead-end job and do what I'd love...but can't because I need insurance.

Universal health care also has the benefit of making my immediate environment safer for me. Healthier people don't tend to expose others to illness.

I don't like the, "I've got mine, Eff you!" mentality, but...apparently there's a whole political party that does. So until they're out of power...good luck out there, Kids.

And in the meantime, if you do support this move by the GOP or really the GOP in general, please make sure not to include me on your Go Fund Me page when it comes time to pay your medical bills. Because, ya'll are on your own.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote