View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 11:02 AM   #38
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah I'm excited too

If Disney does get the rights to Fox's Marvel characters, how would you have them introduce mutants and the X-Men into the MCU?

If they get the rights to the Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, Galactus and the Silver Surfer I'd rather Marvel introduce them to the MCU first, there's a lot of story potential with the characters and they're some of my favorites

As far as mutants go, I think it could be done but they'd have to approach it carefully. I wouldn't want them to introduce mutants and retcon things so that they've always been around, with mutants dating back to ancient times (sorry not sorry, Apocalypse). I think introducing mutant evolution would work better as a story set in present-day, but then still I would think they'd need to spend a lot of time thinking about whether they really wanted to introduce them to the MCU because they carry so much baggage with them. A lot of their mutation-based powers make no sense and that's one area in which I have trouble with extending my suspension-of-disbelief.

I did always like this alternate take on the X-men mythos though
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote