View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 01:33 AM   #39
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
I thought TMNT was airing once per week nowadays. And yes I know about the Nicktoons channel, but I'm talking about the actual Nickelodeon channel. Now for the questions that I should ask.

1) How did Leatherhead and Kraang Subprime survive their respective battles? 2) What's the point of keeping the Irma disguise since Subprime isn't infiltrating anyplace right now? 3) Was Pete being part of the Mutanimals inspired by the IDW comics?
Amaranthus was talking about Nickelodeon Belgium. If you're referring to Nickelodeon US, the TMNT airing schedule can be found here.

1) Leatherhead was last seen falling into the water during The Invasion. He could have swam away and escaped via the sewer route. Kraang sub-prime obviously survived the spiral staircase falling on him. He could have been injured, but not killed. Judging from his battle scars he is one tough Kraang to destroy, and has great survivability skills. He could have crawled out by himself, or aided by another Kraangdroid to lift up the debris and set him free, after Splinter left the lair.

2) While the Irma disguise is no longer needed, the transformable body and built-in weapons (laser-shooting eyes, detachable crawling head, strong mechanical limbs and circular saw between fingers) can still come in handy during battle. The compact "Irma" mode is also useful as a protection body for KSP, and is way superior to the clumsy Kraangdroids that other Kraangs are using. You wouldn't expect KSP to return to a regular Kraangdroid body after getting used to the Irma body for so long!

3) Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to tell if the writers at IDW planned this together with Ciro's team from the start, or they both coincidently picked the common members for their respective Mighty Mutanimals line up. Hopefully a behind-the-scene video in the future sheds more light on this question.