View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 04:20 PM   #85
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Honestly thats one of my problems with this series is that a lot of the villains show a lot of promise and potential but end up being underused. Xever was a character with a lot of personality and had a rivalry with Raph that both had aspects of understanding and contempt but was later underused after season 1, Baxter showed that he could work independent in Baxter's Gambit and could be this series's Arcade but was later turned into one of Shredder's b%tches. Hell Bradford probably has an interesting history with the Shredder but we never got to see that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I agree with this. I was definitely expecting more with Tigerclaw and his eventual turn on Shredder after realizing he wasn't all that stable. I also expected more with Xever.

As for Baxter he really seemed to develop Stockholm Syndrome...or should I say, "Stockman" Syndrome?

*dodges rotten fruit being thrown *
Same here. The lack of delivery on what seemed a promise on the villains was the thing that started my declining interest in this show. So much potential, and then... nothing. I mean, half of the fun is watching the Turtles go up against dangerous and interesting villains, because all that eventually happened was that they went against guys who were reduced to generic monster henchmen with little personality beyond serving the Shredder.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote