View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #12
Galactus
Foot Elite

I'm not sure I want a Platinum Dunes TMNT III which is probably for the best because I think it's unlikely we're going to get one.

If it happens though and with the same writers then with a due respect to Panda Khan Fan then it should not be anything like what he described. The movie needs to be simple and consistent.

There's no point jamming characters in from different versions if they are only interested in using the Fred Wolf characters or that version of them. Hence why we have a Karai who does nothing and Casey Jones who we know they didn't want in the movie but Bay forced them so we get a bland version which is basically the character in name only or the absolute disappointment which was Shredder in this movie.

Out of the Shadows largely ripped the Avengers (2012) plot which I don't say as an insult after all if you're going to rip off other comic book movies it might as well be one that is really loved and not the Amazing Spider-Man (or Dark Knight Rises either sorry PKF).

The beauty of the Avengers was the plot was so simple I'm dumbfounded how Nemec and Applebaum managed to screw it up with needless complications, over explaining aspects that didn't need it and glossing over why important things like..y'know character motivation.

It's pretty clear that these are not character-driven writers and struggle to fit that in should think that perhaps laying off a needless excursions to museums they might have time to debate the character arc of the movie. Instead of just setting up the disagreement and then - whoops there's a break in and the museum. Maybe have them make the reasonable assumption the Foot would want the mutagen back and go to the straight to the police station and actually fight the Foot.

I also appreciate that things change in drafts but is it too much for them to ask not to create problems for themselves. I imagine they wanted the turtles to know who they were up against so they had Don hack the Technodrome pieces to get Krang's name. If Don's tech is that good why can't he hack TCRI's computers or command the drome pieces to go back? Wouldn't it be better if they'd simply learned it during Krang's own super villain monologing?

While the turtles deciding their status and convincing the cops were good and pretty effective scenes it's awfully convenient that the Technodrome pieces were so slow forming otherwise they'd all be dead. Speaking of which why did the Techndrome come through in pieces? I imagine this was done so that the turtles could reach it by imitating Qbert to get there but wouldn't it have made sense for it go something like the portal time to grow big and/or stable enough for the Technodrome to come through and the turtles to surmise Shredder would have the means to get there (which he did) and go with the Police to face him at TCRI...hey maybe we could have worked in some turtles vs Shredder action.

See? Overthinking things that just require simple solutions.

It's probably too much to expect but everything up to Shredder in custody was garbage just there because they though it would make a cool scene and have cameos from NBA players and Bumblebee and Victoria Secret-ware and advertise those brands but stuff like that needs to be rethought. I'd actually rather have the first 10 minutes of Megan Fox running around "deducing" things like last time then we got this time.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote