View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 04:21 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Trent is still quality. Add Violence was actually decent and his newer stuff represents the fact that he ISN'T an angsty teenager anymore. Have you seen the dude now? He's buff as f*ck and has a family.
Trent has been huge for a while now. "Tank Reznor" he was called.

Let's see... I loved Pretty Hate Machine, Downward Spiral, The Fragile... and that was about it. I got "With Teeth" and only liked "The Hand That Feeds." I didn't like anything on "Year Zero." I think I remember it being very political... Trent really angry at Bush or something. I enjoyed "Ghosts" and find myself using those as temp audio tracks in film editing, but these are all strictly instrumental tracks. I haven't heard anything since, so you tell me if there's been anything worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Perhaps, but I have to say Nirvana or else I get kicked out of the Seattle area.
I've never encountered that in Seattle.

Quote:
I know a lot of musicians find it hard to keep making good music after bigger type successes. Sounds like I'm not missing out on much with him.
Hip hop artists are the worst about that. You get maybe one "album," two tops, then it's all about the money and cars and such.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-31-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote