View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 10:25 PM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't know this person and I doubt we've ever interacted.

In theory, people doing whatever makes them happy is a good thing.

However, regardless of what the object of fixation is, that level of devotion and obsession simply isn't healthy, whether physically, emotionally, or mentally.

I sincerely hope the bits about ONLY eating pizza - and worse, only eating "authentic" TMNT-style toppings - were exaggerated. Just for starters.

We all have things we "geek" for, but going into deep debt and endangering our physical health and well-being over a movie or TV show is frankly indicative of a much more serious underlying issue. My concern is that the seriousness of it has been downplayed over the years by her friends and family because it's "just" TMNT. When I see things like this about fanatic-types, I always wonder what's going to happen to these people when their family members inevitably move away and/or pass away.

I mean I collect things from various properties, too, and hardly a day goes by where I'm not "encouraged" by one or several people to get rid of everything because it's "holding me back" from having a "real life". And I don't want to, and hopefully won't have to, but as I've gotten older it's becoming more and more of a possibility, because you can't eat plastic toys and so on. But I will say, if I ever even considered the possibility of getting a bank loan to buy a movie prop while simultaneously not being able to afford rent or food, I would be forced to take a long look in the mirror and make some difficult choices.

Probably a nice person. Absolutely unhealthy lifestyle, though. Also none of my business, BUT, if people put themselves out there, they can expect people to toss in their two cents.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote