View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 09:24 PM   #3
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Last one was almost 9 years ago when we drove from here (DE) to Disney World. Had done it once before when I was 12. Back then we'd also stopped in a couple other states to visit old friends. Not so much this last time, just a short visit in Sarasota.
I so wanted to go to DisneyWorld growing up. I was lucky enough to go Disneyland though.
Quote:
Beyond that, I've also been as far west as southeastern Kansas. (So well over 1000 miles each way?) Drove to a small town out there the summer I was 16 for my great (step) grandmother's funeral after she died at the age of 104. My first funeral. I'd never met the woman though (and she only knew my sister and I via photos) so I can't really say it was a 'bad' experience.
Wow! 104, that's something. Traveling for a funeral I imagine is not the happiest of trips. I'd like to visit as many small towns as possible one day. See all the random attractions that aren't well known.
Quote:
Plus, I was able to see just once the last little handful of land out there still owned by my grandfather before it would be sold off. At one time it was 14,000 acres. (Willed to him by "Uncle Bill" - who we know now was his biological father, not just a family friend referred to as "uncle," so no wonder it was willed to him.) Kinda wish we still had it.
Funny you would say that about land. My Grandma is currently starting to figure out how to best sell off some land she has in Pennsylvania. My great Grandfather left it to her back when he passed away in 1990. It's hard for her to let go of it. I think about 65 acres.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote