View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 02:38 AM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
What still surprises me is that the original cartoon was still active from seasons 8-10. Action cartoons just typically do NOT last that long. Five seasons for an action cartoon is a very good run, no matter what year, but not very many make it past that.
I was not surprised it was a long cartoon since, at some point, TMNT were the hottest thing on the planet. But to make it close to 200 episodes was ineed impressive.

There were about 3-4 instances where I feared the FW series would be over:

- Return of the Technodrome: The Technodrome sunk into lava with Krang and Shredder in it. I didn't expect them to survive. Hell, even the battle between Splinter and Shredder had that feel to it. A very Star Wars-like feel.

- The Big Blow Out: I mean... a 3 parter episode finale for a massive season? It felt like it was gonna be the end.

- Shredder Triumphant: Immediately the title of this episode caught my attention and I knew something big was gonna happen. Shredder and Krang finally outsmarted the Turtles for a while and it honestly felt like the Turtles were in danger at the hands of Shredder for the first time in ages. Hence why this episode felt like it could be the dead last episode of the series.

- Turtle Trek: Well the Turtles destroy the Technodrome yet again... maybe this time it'd be the end?

...oddly enough, I didn't expect Divide and Conquer to be the finale. When the episode ended, I expected Shredder and Krang to return for a few episodes for the Turtles to finally beat them for good, since it wasn't clear Shredder and Krang had been defeated when they returned in that 3 part episode in season 10. So when the next day I turned on the tv at the usual channel and usual time... and Turtle Tracks was on I was a bit disappointed heh

So yeah, I was a bit surprised and happy it got close to 200 episodes. Being a kid watching one new episode everyday was quite fun and it entertained me for about 6 months and a half or so.

But I was WAY more surprised over the 2k3 series longevity. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect it to reach 157 episodes or whatever that number was. Hell, not even 100 did I expect it to make. I honestly thought season 2 or season 3 would be the last season. Especially as I've heard that season 3 was gonna basically be the final battle with Ch'rell. It's funny how a show that wasn't as big as the other tow cartoons and is somewhat forgotten these days was able to get 7 seasons and about 3 changes or so. Ninja Tribunal, Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers. And a second Fast Forward season was planned even. It felt like this series was never going away, as it filled in my entire teenage years.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote