Thread: [For Sale] Capture of Splinter set
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #21
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
To be clear-- with the exception of the two sets my next door neighbor ordered me from NECA, all the sets I bought and parted out cost me $200 to $220 each on eBay. Most individual figures sold for $60 to $80 shipped on average. After shipping and eBay fees I didn't make much. My goal in this was to get as many axes for one of my racks as I could. People wanting extra Foot Soldiers were extremely appreciative of what I did as were people overseas who wanted just Splinter or Shredder. I don't have to justify myself to anyone here. I didn't gouge anyone considering how expensive eBay fees and shipping are.

You're being advised on your math because math is objective/black and white. It isn't open to interpretation like poetry or painting. We're criticizing a complete lack of logic. I would have parted that set out for maximum value. You hocked it so fast you had someone overseas practically begging for it (who may have paid more than the person who bought it) so if you "took a loss" in your own uneducated opinion it is your own fault anyway.
as i said i was trying to fund a purchase, which i wasnt able to fully do but i was okay with it. there is a difference between selling the set before i was able to reach the overseas buyer and hocking it and taking a loss before selling to him. this deal has long since been done so why are we still discussing? is it because i disagree with you? even if i was able to deal with the buyer i would have never gone through you in the first place and definitely dont need you lecturing me on my math. i wanted to buy something, i sold the set to pay for it. i came a little short end of story. let it be
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote