View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 07:38 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Man I loved these short comics, I wish Playmates actually did one for most of these. Cyber Turtles also had a short comic drawn by Michael Dooney and I think written by Dan Berger for CBS' "Action-Zone" free comic book day series, where the Turtles transform into the Cyber armor from the 1994 toyline that also appeared in the Archie series and that one Season 8 episode.

For short comics they're pretty fun and give some backstory to all these wacky TMNT variants they did. I'd love to see if they were able to come up with one for Farmer Mike and Hose 'Em Down Don.
Same here on both points. I have that comic as well, it's a fun read. Rare to see Dooney on full art duties, let alone something so different, such a cool little piece. Some of the Japanese TMNT figures came packed with mini-comics (or manga, if you wanna call it that) which featured their secondary mutations, Turtle Saint, etc. I've contributed some scans of that to the necessary parties but I don't think all of them have been gathered yet. When they are, you can expect an Opentrain release, I trust. Something to look forward to, one day. The art's really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
That was a pretty awesome read.
Probably the most "fun" of Playmates' comics. I've always found Berger's art very endearing. His turtles are so animated, & they have a certain warmth to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Woo, it's like Comics in HD!

"I've seen it before, but never like this!"
It's quite a sight, eh? The dragon looks a bit rough, but I didn't wanna meddle with it too much. Maybe I should have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
Powder, this is an amazing treat. Thanks again!

I had never seen it before in such a bright quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Ninja Turtles with hair...hehehe.

Thanks, Powder.
My pleasure, dudes. Trying contribute more to the fandom, like I used to. Wouldn't have been possible without Chris being so generous with his finds, though!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote