View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Oh really that's interesting. Most people have positive things to say about it. What was it about 4Kids TMNT you didn't like?)
Where things like Fred Wolf show and Nick show don't really make any bones about being their own thing in a very loud, made-for-children way... the 4Kids series -- while equally bad -- wraps itself up in the guise of familiar Mirage stories and material, while still being a little kids/toy fiesta. It's painful to watch, as such. Watching "Return to New York" in 4Kids, which bears the name of my favorite Mirage story, is so painfully unlike anything in that story, it's mind-blowing. In a... makes me want to put a gun to my head and blow my mind out way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Seeing a kids' show use the Mirage stories with toned down violence and some added stuff for children pisses him off. He's just a purist, he once made a thread about how giving the turtles different skin tones is even worse than the multi-colored bandanas, so just take whatever he says with a grain of salt.
Of course. It's far worse, and even more nonsensical. Red-earred sliders (particularly brothers, clearly of the same spat of eggs) don't have different skin tones... it's a stupid toy thing so little Tommy can have toys that look different. And moreover it's the TPTB looking down at the fandom and saying, "We don't trust you to tell the Turtles apart by their weapons, or the color of their bandanna... we must ALSO make their skin tones different for us to be able to trust you to tell them apart, even if this is a thing genetically impossible." And that's insane. Grow a backbone and give them the middle finger for it they deserve. It's even borderline racist.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 04-08-2016 at 12:42 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote