View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 12:03 PM   #1
Splinter
Radical Rat

Update: Funimation Speaks on Missing Vol. 7 & 8 Intros!!

Well, it seems that Funimation has finally had the final say about the misssing intros on the Volume 7 & 8's DVD's. TVShowsOnDVD.Com, has spoken with the DVD production company, and we now have the answers. Follow the link at the end of this story, for the full information from the turtle's mouth, over at TSOD.Com.

According to them, the intros for RTNY 2 & 3, and Search for Splinter 2 were left off the DVD's by choice. As they were deemed unnecissary for the story. As they were just recaps of the episode that had come before. There will be no recall and no repressing of DVD's at this time to put the intros back on the DVD's. They also claim that the source material from 4Kids was lacking these intros in the first place.

So Funimation seems to be claiming that it was the choice of 4Kids, to not include the intros. Which doesn't make much sense, since the intros are intact on the VHS copies of these releases. One would think if they are going to create DVD and VHS releases, they would use the same source material for both. I passed this info back to TVShowsOnDVD, and hopefully they can do some more digging on this matter.

All I can recommend at this point, is that you continue to write Funimation and 4Kids that you want these DVD's to feature the episodes as they originally appeared on TV. But remember to be polite and not attack the company. An angry letting is typically never read. Show your passion for this matter to be corrected, but with respect and intelligence. And remember to snail mail them, electronic mail doesn't have nearly the impact that a personal letter does. Because it is physical, and proves you care enough to take the time to write them personally.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1375

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote