Thread: Heroes Con
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 05:32 PM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
I'm only going for one day. I will be there for the Saturday. It takes me and my buddy about 4 and half hours to get there and then we just drive back when it's over. We always go eat pizza at that Fuel place too. I love their pizza. I think Cullen Bunn is the one that I'm looking the most forward to seeing because I can't think of anyone else that's really new for this year. One of my favorite things about it is meeting the indie artists who draw cool sketches from all my favorite shows from when I was a kid. I've got some cool TMNT, Ducktales, and Real Ghostbusters art that I have bought from there over the years. The year Stan Lee came I didn't even bother with trying to see him because his line was a mad house and they had him in his own personal room. Then Kevin Eastman came and I didn't get to see him because he only came on Saturday and I had to go on Friday that year. I was super bummed. Did you get to meet him that year? I'm sure his line would have been insane too though really.
Yes, I did meet Kevin in '14. I stood in line for 4 hours and 10 minutes to see him, get an autograph, picture, and e minufes of conversation. It was worth it. I was lurking on this site while I waited and introduced the guy ahead of me to this TMNT community. That was the only year I went down on a Saturday instead of Friday so I could accomodate Kevin's appearance.

I met Pster Laird and Dan Berger in 2008, the only year the Mirage Group made it down.

Mike Dooney has come back solo ever since anx Eric Talbot starting last year.

I skipped out on Stan Lee too. It was not the wait obviously but the 100 plus price tag a college student like me could not afford at the time. I may regret in when Stan dies in a few years though as he is winding down his appearances. I got to meet both Nik Cardy and Dick Giordano at their final 3ver convention appearances.