View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 10:11 AM   #168
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Aside from the casual 1987 references in terms of mentioned vocally or appearing onscreen on signs/doors etc.

The villains union card that Nick Beebop flashes at the screen is signed by Pat Fraley and I'm assuming the other scribble is James Avery.

And when they go after the krang crystals you can see 80s memorabilia such as Robocop's head/helmet, a Teddy Ruxpin, Freddy Krueger's hat and claws. There's also a silhouette of something that looks either like a Thundercat or old school Wolverine. There's also loads more references in that particular scene if anyone wants to go through it frame by frame.

It hasn't been that long since I re-watched some of the old 80's episodes and I have to say, either some of you are overdosing on nostalgia and are blinded to how capable the 80's turtles were as ninjas, or it has literally been 25 years since you watched an episode and your memories are hazy at best.

The 80's turtles were not mistreated in this crossover.

You have to think that not only did the 2012 turtles have to take on the villains, watch their own backs in a fight, they also had to keep one eye on the 80's turtles to protect them if and when the situation arose.

Because they were a serious hindrance at times. Their fighting skills were not up to speed with the 2012 dimension. And their involvement could have endangered the mission.

They weren't down at Timothy's level of being incompetent but they weren't capable of fighting 2012 villains.

You could probably argue that had 80's Shredder and Krang been as dangerous as their 2012 counterparts, it would've been a much different story. The 80's turtles would've been much better fighters because they would've had to be.

I'd say the 80's series got a gentle ribbing at best.

And I'll remind you that nobody ribbed the 80's series more than the 80's series itself. They poked fun at themselves all the time.