View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 05:57 PM   #94
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Aaaaaand this little gem sums up this entire debate. Sure, one time is a mistake, but come on, this has been more than a couple times by now. The fact that Splinter "departed into heaven, completely separate from all the ghouls being sent back down to Hell" was exactly my point. Why is he the special snowflake spirit that just happens to come down from the skies if Kavaxas specifically released the ghouls from the underworld? Can Splinter's spirit just transcend worlds whenever it damn well pleases? That cheapens the death, but, hey, this show is an expert at that, so why am I even complaining, right?
Perhaps that is the case. Perhaps his spirit lingered in the living world a little longer because he had "unfinished business" as in Shredder killed him and he wanted to make sure his sons were safe. A lot of other series do something similar. Now that the threat of Shredder is gone, Splinter departed to the afterlife.

Quote:
I'd argue the rest of your points, but why bother? If you're just going to restate my exact point against you and try to turn it against me without any change to the original point or any original argument of your own, what's the point?
Either way, a lot of your points were nitpicks blown out of proportion, like complaining about minor support character roles like Leatherhead, Fishface, Bebop/Rocksteady, etc...when all their roles in this arc was fine. And the invasion itself was just to "raise the stakes" and not the main focus point.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote