View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The original plan from what I hear is that it was going to be a novel, but novels about comic book heroes lack the magic.

I do have a bit of a problem with this...not that it'll be bad or anything, it's just that it's set in the period between Clark donning the coustume and the final few minutes of the finale, where we know everything is fine and dandy, I thus question where the emotional investment is going to come from for this.

I would have loved to have seen the comic tackle things where the finale REALLY left off, with Clark putting his marraige to Lois on hold to deal with the elevator bomb and other adventures can branch off from there, but I guess I'm asking for too much.

At least two good things come out of this, the first being this will hopefully be able to explain why Clark and Lois hold off their wedding for seven years, why Lex is President etc...though that'll probably take more than just season 11 to tell. Secondly, this will be the first book since the launch of the New 52 to feature a Lois Lane that is emotionally connected to Clark and who also knows his duel identity, a dynamic I've very much missed.

That first print cover is terrible btw.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote