View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 09:30 AM   #24
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It's less disappointing than it is perplexing. At best it's a (very) loose adaptation of relatively obscure table-top RPG, which is still an odd choice to base the finale on.

Judged on it's own merits it's just... I mean, really? Everyone except six characters (two of which are mute pets) are implied to have died in a nuclear blast shortly after the last regular episode, thereby axing any lingering plot threads and/or undoing anything that was accomplished.

Like for example, why does Karai's reconstructed Foot Clan matter if it just got blown up out of nowhere?
This was my take too. It feels less like a finale and more a very elaborate what if story. If this were set up as a dream sequence, alternative future, or something set apart from the main series explicitly I think more people would have enjoyed it.

I actually would be really intrigued to see an exploration of the Turtles in a post human world (ala the tabletop RPG as another already said) though perhaps less a Mad Max homage and something more cyberpunkish, which has always been part of TMNT's spiritual roots . A PG rated Shadowrun like setting, or, dare I say, Turtles in Time #4 from IDW. A world where Shredder, Krang, and Stockman are locked in eternal war, Mutants have replaced humans as the dominant species, etc.