View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 12:04 PM   #1297
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

My guess... because society is still messed up in the way that white guys are still treated like the default in that if it's a woman or someone of color in the primary role(s) then people too often tend to assume that the movie is made for people of that gender and/or color, not for them if it isn't their demographic, and may not go see it.

I mean, that isn't even a thing against white guys (before someone starts ranting), but rather a stigma against anyone else that characters of other demographics don't tend to be seen as even being for everyone.

Thus, I can only assume, possibly limiting viewership and profit, so, basically, going with a white guy is just...the safe choice. Not inherently good or bad, but also not creatively bold either in some cases.

Though most of us are probably guilty of falling into that line of thinking sometimes. I guess that's why characters like the TMNT are so easily universal, because green skinned people with shells defy that socialized nonsense and are automatically for everyone. (Except weird people who don't understand why they are awesome, but those people smell and can stay away.)

10/10 -- A couple times over the years I've grabbed a fly out of air, but this is the first time I accidentally grabbed one. Went to turn off a lamp to try to encourage it to leave a room and the same second the thing went right into my hand just as I closed my fingers on the switch. lol Too bad it surprised me and I let go of it, missing the chance to toss it outside.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-10-2021 at 05:52 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote