View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #5
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Cliches I dislike- villains who want to destroy the world/universe for whatever reason. Makes no sense. Any "good" villain would be too much of a narcissist to ever do something that would harm themselves. It only really works for some nihilistic "God is dead and life isn't worth living" type of character, and those are usually just suicidal anyway as opposed to wanting to take out the entire world with them. An extension of this is the "if I can't have her NO ONE can!" villain who tries to kill the object of his lust after being rejected. It is more realistic maybe, but still a bit over the top.

Cliches I do like- heroes having an "evil twin" or duplicate who wants to take their place, never mind the fact that they missed the obvious consequence that by doing so they would reap whatever karma or legal repercussions would ensue from the change in persona. IE, if Evil Kirk had taken over the ship and disposed of his double without being discovered, sooner or later when his crew realized he was drastically different they would have had him locked up and he'd be stuck in a cell the rest of his life. Same goes for any evil doppleganger of superheroes. If they try to ACT like the hero in question, they would either end up literally being them, or would revert to true persona and get busted. But they are so caught up in the IDEA that they never grasp how complicated it would be!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote