View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 07:34 PM   #20
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
It is about the power vacuum left in his absence. Without him or perhaps The Foot itself at the top of the underworld there will be countless factions vying for the top. No one else will be capable so fixing the Shredder-less Foot at the top stabilizes the criminal underworld.
Still not quite getting it. It's more about the endless cycle of vengeance that's been tearing their family apart since before they were even born. The Foot itself is split into two factions and is tearing the city apart in the crossfire. No "underworld power vacuum".

Obviously anything they tried was going to be censored, and I totally get why they wouldn't touch the Splinter/April/Casey aspects. But even without that, the fact that they made it only a three parter was an insult. Same show made the Utrom/Turtles in Space arc last 10 episodes, Triceraton Invasion was 6, and even dedicated an entire season to that god awful Ninja Tribunal crap.

Now that I think about it, they should have just introduced Karai in an original story in season 2 and done City at War as their big season 5 arc. Coulda been cool and a good way to end the pre-subtitles era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
As much as I love 4Kids TMNT, "City at War" had as much to do with the original as "City Fall" in IDW... nothing.

"City at War" is not a story for kids, kiddies, or cartoons. If you water it down, you destroy it. Same for "Shades of Gray" or "Sons of the Silent Age."

Some Mirage stuff is good and can be reinterpreted rather loosely. Not those stories.
Sons of the Silent Age could have worked. They just didn't have the guts to go through with the real ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This thread should be locked. The cartoon was never going to be a 1:1 adaption of the comic storylines and anyone with common sense would know that.
You don't have to be such a piece of sh*t troll all the time, ya know? Every time this dead section stirs debate you have to come in here running your whiny co*ksucker about locking the thread. Just get a life.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote