View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 11:10 PM   #144
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Dangerous, sure. Deadly? In one iteration. "The only goofy version are the Fred Wolf ones" is such a BS statement. They're goofy in literally every single iteration that exists, & that will never change. IDW aren't revisionist? Everything you just described directly contradicts that considering they've completely changed the characters. You read B&R Destroy Everything, obviously, so how can you say they're not goofy/silly? That's their entire MO. Always. Just because they can kill doesn't mean they aren't idiot comic relief... You never cease to make me roll my eyes.
I guess I'm talking the difference between entertaining goofy and silly and 'this is so painful to watch/read I hate these characters' goofy and silly. I was protesting the characters as portrayed in IDW being lumped together with the Fred Wolf versions in terms of silliness. And besides, I really Don't find anything silly about slaughtering whole groups of gangsters and ninjas, and I certainly didn't find Donnie getting cracked open like an egg goofy or silly at all.