View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 12:34 PM   #33
Avenger
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Just a couple of years, really. In 1994 when Cyborg Superman and Mongul nuked Coast City he tried to use his ring to resurrect everybody there and rebuild it... but the Guardians stopped him and ordered him to report to Oa for punishment. So he went to Oa to get the power he needed, fought his way through many GLs, and in their last ditch effort to stop him, the Guardians committed mass suicide except for Ganthet. So he entered the Central Power Battery, absorbing all of its power and taking the name "Parallax"... which simultaneously deactivated the rings of all other 3,599 Green Lanterns. He remained Parallax until 1996's "The Final Night," when he showed up to save the world from the Sun-Eater, sacrificing his life even as a villain.

So to answer your question... he was in conflict with no Green Lanterns, because there were no Green Lanterns at that time. Just Kyle, whom Ganthet found in a panic and gave a ring (powered separately from the CPB) to in an alley. There was a lot of talk about GLs dying in space when Hal blew up the Central Power Battery but there was never any actual evidence of that... pretty much all of them were accounted for and alive when the Central Power Battery and GL Corps was restored in "Green Lantern Corps: Recharge" in 2005.
It makes me think... I just read the Third Army event yesterday, and there is one part, when Kyle is working to master all 7 colors, where we saw the first meeting between Kyle and Ganthet, and the first visit of Kyle on Oa (with the meeting of Sayd). Funny thing, it happened "2 years ago"...

So basically everything that happened between Hal Jordan/Parallax and the Third Army event (All Kyle's adventures as GL, GL rebirth, Sinestro Corp War, Blackest Night, the Krona thing) happened in a period of 2 years.

I think Tony Bedard just screw up on that one. (the author of New Gardians title)
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote