View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 08:17 PM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I got my first console for Christmas 1993. By then Nintendo had just finished making new games and I had an entire backlog to explore. It was a good starter game system despite having to blow to get it to work every few times you play.

N64 as much in retrospect that I am displeased it moved away form the beat'em up style games that I think of when I think classic video games, I love what it did for gaming. I remember the "wow" factor of Mario 64, Mario Kart '64, and Super Smash Bros.

The video game system that was the most used and still is periodically is the GameBoy. I got the bulky black and white GameBoy in 1994, a year after Nintendo. I wore out battery after battery. My allowance was not money, but battery packs for my Gameboy. As time went on I upgraded to GameBoy Color and then GameBoy Advanced and then GaemBoy DS and then 3DS. The last two years I have not really played any games aside from a Marvel App on my phone,but for more than two decades GameBoy served countless hundreds of hours of entertainment.
Yes, even though nowadays there's countless mobile games, I had a lot more fun with Game Boy games back in the day despite the more outdated technology. hell, to this day, Pokémon RBY and Pokémon GSC are still fun despite showing their age.

Having to replace batteries sucked but at least there were no ads or micro-transactions or pay-to-win games.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote