View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 12:23 AM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
Well, technically Canadian is American, after all, America's not a country, but a continent, or rather a dual-continent, of which Canada is part of, as is everything from top of Alaska to the bottom tip of Chile, so...
Well, tbh, I learned in geography at school that there's 5 oceans and 6 continents. The 6 continents being Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, Antarctica and America. I had never heard of North America and South America being described as two separate continents until some years ago. I've always seen them as sub-continents instead. So why is America a sole continent for Europeans and not for Americans and Canadians? Odd. And I guess technically Europe and Asia could be considered the same continent? I mean there is the Eurasia term.

I think geographic definitions are quite political at times. When people talk about Asians they don't mean people from the Gulf or Israel but people from Japan, China, Thailand, etc.

But yeah, I'll always refer to NA/CA/SA as the Americas or the American continent. Can't help it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote