View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I was only wearing Adidas boots when I was a kid.
Russians are very friendly to people they like, even for strangers, but they are also can be very judgmental (that fits me) and quick to anger, especially when drunk.
Tbh I dunno how the "Slavs and Adidas" meme came to be. Adidas are a major sports brand all over Europe. In every country you'll find people wearing Adidas and also brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post

*I am not tan... I get confused for Portuguese all the time... in fact I'm so white that you probably ought to bust out the sun glasses if you look at my legs.
Some Portuguese people have rather nice naturally tanned skin as well, though. I've only been to Italy once when I was young and don't encounter Italian tourists often in my country, but I don't think Italians on average are more tanned or less than Portuguese people? Can't say I've noticed a pattern.

A stereotype people have about people who live south of Austria/Switzerland is that they're all rather tanned. But that's because people tend to notice those kinds of people the most. Just liek if I go to The Netherlands I'll notice the super tall people the most. Lots of people are pale or have a normal skin tone here. That's more evident if you come here during colder months, where obviously no one is hitting the beach.

That being said, even when we're pale as hell we're not as pale as some Irish and British people are. Jesus, I'm pretty pale already and many people from Ireland and the UK are EVEN paler than I am. How don't they get skin cancer by the time they're 20?

Last edited by Prowler; 05-13-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote