View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #78
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The post-OMD fans would probably react the same way New 52 Superman fans are currently...but keep in mind the reaction to the loss of N52 Superman is easier to put up with because he was only around for five years, where as post-OMD Spidey has been around for almost a decade.
How did New 52 Superman fans react (I don't track DC that much)?

Quote:
What about the fans who liked everything for the 20 years the marriage was a part of the regular books? If Marvel threw their hands up and decreed we no longer mattered, how safe are THOSE fans?

Hell, what about fans during the Clone Saga? Imagine being told back then the Peter you followed most of your life was a clone? Marvel were serious at the time about making Ben Reily the real deal and it almost killed the book.
I don't really know what the best answer is. I'm just saying that there are readers who'll be in the same boat as we are if OMD Spider-Man gets takes out of the equation. Because of that, I wonder if creating output targeted to both audiences is the best call over changing one to suite different audiences, since then the interests of one faction aren't being sacrificed for the other.

Quote:
OMD almost killed the book too...in fact, Slott's current run is killing the book, it's had embarrassing placements in the top twenty lately, and the only reason it was number one a couple of weeks ago was because DC took a break.
Isn't top twenty pretty good in and of itself? (I don't know how comic sales really work that well.) Also thought that the official statement is that Slott's Spider-Man is doing good business. Also, if Slott was not turning in a selling product, wouldn't he have been canned already? Even if Marvel likes his stuff, they are first and foremost a business. (I mean, I'm pretty sure that this RYV continuation is being made largely because of the original one's sales. If RYV Vol. 1 had bombed, I'm doubt we'd be getting a sequel.)

Quote:
We got another pic from Stegman btw

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsQ7D0aUAAEAe3S.jpg
Stegman does nice work.
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote