View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #42
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The use of child/man depending on the narrative is so annoying when someone is 17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I don’t think it’s a cheap scapegoat at all. I’m wanting to determine if Americans under 21 commit/attempt murder at significantly higher rates than there under 21 global counterparts. My wish would be that America is similar or even lower. I would hope it’s not something like quadruple the global rate.

You can do the research yourself, the numbers are definitely out there.

I don't have numbers either but from my knowledge you would only find similar rates in poor/war torn countries as I stated. You won't find these numbers in developed countries like say most of Europe or even in developing countries like Latin America and various parts of Asia. Latin America/Asia might have some similar numbers in poor localities where there is no education so kids go to crime for food which is not comparable to the situation in the US.

As I stated earlier in the thread or in another school tragedy thread, it's very much a social issue in the US so it'll be extremely difficult to eliminate, but more can be done to be prevented.

The easy access to guns is a huge part, of course you can get illegal guns if you're a criminal but it's extra steps and the average looney isn't going to do that much reasearch or prepare as much and it works in other countries. I can only imagine how violent where I'm living right now would be if guns were readily available.

The problem with the US is they believe the "We're Number 1" propaganda and never venture to what other countries think of the country to give them a fresh perspective.

I deal with foreigners every day from many different countries and they often ask me about what is going in the US, they really can't understand.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote