View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 05:59 PM   #250
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I saw it and I thought it was good. Was this an amazing film? Not really, but I still liked it. It stayed very true to the source material and the classic songs worked well. The IMAX 3D really made me feel like I had been transported into a fantasy world. The setting looked amazing. Watson was solid, but not incredible. I have seen better performances from her including those from her post-'Harry Potter' career. She was a step-up from Emilie de Ravin's version of the character on Once Upon a Time (who's only show decent acting in the show's current season) Dan Stevens was okay, but once again I have seen him shine better in other films. Robby Benson brought a lot more depth and personality to the character in the animated film. The supporting cast were excellent IMO.

Spoiler:
The gay moment that has been making headlines really was blown out of proportion. It literally lasted two seconds and was hardly noticeable like the scene was Sulu and his family in Star Trek: Beyond. I did like the new scene where Belle and the Beast magically visited the home where Belle was born. The twist where the Enchantress brought everyone to life after the last petal fell was also neat. Plus, we now know why the villagers forgot all about the nearby castle. It was because the Enchantress had erased everyone's memories of it.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote