View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 01:40 PM   #429
raph27
Mad Scientist

Saw it yesterday. Much better than my expectations.

I liked L3, I'd been waiting for SW to delve into the robot/human rights stuff for a while so that was nice to see. Really thought all the new characters were interesting, much better fleshed out than Rogue One's side characters.

Personally, I thought Alden did a pretty good job as Han. I've been hearing a lot of people saying he didn't feel right. Not for me, he fit the bill nicely. Donald Glover was alright as Lando, I just wish he had more screentime.

Only complaints:
Spoiler:
I cringed at the scene where Han gets his last name. Too ham-fisted.

I got Maul spoiled before I saw the movie, so I assumed he would be a large part of the third act. Sort of disappointing to just see him as a cameo, unless that's supposed to be sequel setup?

This also might be sequel setup, but I wished Qi'Ra's story would have been wrapped up instead of left hanging.

Han winning the Falcon back at the end just seemed a little rushed to me. Maybe it would be different on a second viewing, I don't know. I think the whole movie could have gone a little longer to wrap the end up. I did like the very last scene, struck the right balance of tying into ANH somewhat but not too much.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote