View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #558
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I really worry about dudes who can't tell the difference between flirting and harrassment.
How do we know when we cross a line when, apparently, it's harassment to ask a woman for her phone number at this point.

Frankly, I know I haven't been on as many dates this past year because I'm afraid that I may say something that could get me in trouble. Just recently I had a co-worker ask me out for drinks and I declined because I don't want to have to worry about losing my job if she takes something I said innocently as harassment. It's just not worth it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Some women like that sort of thing in their courtship, and they're not wrong for it. And Cavill isn't wrong for enjoying either.

What's wrong is when you don't know for certain, and you treat a person that way anyways. Because one person's romantic, is another person's restraining order.

it's all about knowing your audience, creating a safe space, and communication.

Margaret Atwood said it best, men are afraid that women will laugh at them and women are afraid that men will kill them.
And I'm just kind of done with putting men's Feefees ahead of my safety.
In other words: BE A MIND READER, GUYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think he kind of clumsily is saying that hey, I might just start to date this chick, we might break up, she might not like that... and she tells the press whatever story she wants with 0 supporting evidence and my career is ruined forevermore.

Like, I dunno, Hardwick.
I know a few guys this has happened to. They've lost their jobs because they dated a woman in the office. It went bad and said woman claimed harassment. It's just not worth it anymore. I don't want to ruin my career because a woman gets mad at me and uses the current social climate to ruin my life. Not worth it.