View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 12:01 PM   #1030
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I finished S1 of Supergirl as well and it does get better maybe because the comments to my post made me think it would be horrible but there's that I like and there are issues. Overall I wasn't a huge fan but it did do things that I liked.

Supergirl has the same power as Superman that writers have a tough time writing for the character since what do you do with someone who is "perfect" to create an interesting narrative, either it's bland or you compromise what the character is.

Why are there rogue Kryptonians and Superman doesn't do anything about it? I understand about the other smaller villains but you'd think evil Kryptonians on earth is not something Superman would just let happen.

I loved the Flash team up even if it's not that great of an episode, seeing them together was really cool. A shame that they are parallel universes, I'd hope that eventually they "merge" since they're all CW shows now.

J'onn J'onnz being in the show was an awesome surprise, I don't know why he talks like Batman when he's in his martian/real form but whatever. Before that I hated the character since he seems too much of a clone of Digle from Arrow, in fact he still is but I think him being Martian Manhunter as a main character is really cool, especially after getting shunned in Justice League for ugh, cyborg.

Red Tornado? Never thought I'd see him in a live action show but awesome, my old car was nick named red tornado. Nice to see Max Lord. I still like Jimmy Olsen though he did get annoying and I still don't like that he's black but at least they didn't shoot him in the first 5 minutes like BvS.

Supergirl has her own rogues galleries right? I know she's had many comics over the years so I'd think she'd have some original rogues, but like Arrow this show suffers from most of their villians either being borrowed from Superman or female versions of Superman's like the girl braniac.

The whole DEA / Shield crap was not great but I was able to live with it.

Why does Supergirl have to work at a newspaper? At least the cat is a fun boss. This show relies too much on Superman references, I guess it makes sense, I mean its her cousin and she basically took her name similar to a sidekick than her own hero so I can't blame them too much for it.

I'd love to see supergirl with her 90s costume since it's the one I grew up with, even if only done as a reference when walking as a civilian or something.

I want to love this show, but it's not fun or written well enough for me to, I hope S2 is better but that'll be until next year when I check it out.

Last edited by sdp; 06-18-2017 at 12:25 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote