View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #27
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I kinda think you're already asking people to swallow a lot with the "mutant Turtles who talk like Bill and Ted" angle in a live-action setting. People have shown they'll buy into it, but reluctantly, and only if it's super-goofy ("Because the entire IDEA is super-goofy! Talking Turtles, canyabelieveit?!?"). Throwing in reincarnation and all that jazz would probably be too absurd for people to buy into on a mass scale. Especially nowadays when most people are either atheist, agnostic, or violently anti-anything religious/spiritual, and are totally willing to allow those eprsonal beliefs to push them away from a work of total (and obvious) fiction.

Case in point: Many people resent the modern Superman films (starting with "Superman Returns") for pushing the parallels his character shares with Jesus (and Moses), based on their own personal hatred of Christianity and their feeling that it "perverts" the Superman character by association, despite the fact that those parallels were part of his very creation. People are nonetheless willing to avoid the movies, and even call the creators all kinds of names, because what they put into the fiction goes against the viewer's own personal spiritual feelings or beliefs, despite it always being there and simply not being put in the center of attention until more recently.

My gut tells me having the Turtles and Splinter all be reincarnated would be a bridge too far for a lot of people, and more than they'd accept in a live action TMNT film, but I could be wrong. I don't think so, but who knows.
I can see your point. however, people accept supernatural elements in their superhero films without much trouble, I don't think it would be much problem here. Also, I didn't mean they would talk like the FW turtles, I meant that they should act like people expect the turtles to act; something along the lines of the original movie, or the 4kids series.

And I think people could swallow the reincarnation angle, people accept a lot weirder things in films. It's all aobut how it is presented. Just my opinion, thoguh.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 11-29-2018 at 11:55 PM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote