View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #424
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
For a TMNT story that you're meant to take seriously, this is pretty dumb. In addition to this, I also know that Donnie becomes one of the cyborgs and Splinter becomes a bat. Maybe it'll make sense but so far I just find this series to be bizarre. And i'm not angry or perplexed at this version, certainly not when trash like TNM or OotS is out there. Archie TMNT is actually noticeably worse than this, it's not that bad. At least it tries to have decent pacing and artwork, I just don't think it's very appealing in general.

At least the part about Splinter kind of being a dirty old man was amusing.
It is unabashedly 90's. Look no further than the ridiculous--dare I say cheeky?--design for Pimiko.

But, if you stick with it, you get some incredible character development from this series. Casey and April being a family with Shadow; Raphael really growing past the one-note angry Wolverine ripoff; Michelangelo being more than the party dude; the Foot Clan continuing to evolve past Oroku Saki.

Also, dem colors. I'm a full believer now. It makes the women look more ridiculous, but Mako drooling with a mouthful of teeth or Donatello drenched in blood... or a blood-drenched empty turtle shell with a skeleton...

Yeah. This series really needed to be colorized. AND IT IS COLORED SO WELL!!!

Are we sure IDW is reprinting this, not some other publisher? 'Cause these colors are just trippin' balls fantastic.