View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 11:24 AM   #64
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

JURASSIC WORLD Director Colin Trevorrow Speaks On The Downside Of Helming STAR WARS: EPISODE IX
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...ode-ix-a152217

Quote:
Speaking to Empire, Trevorrow revealed that he won't be able to enjoy Rian Johnson's Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi for the first time as a fan. “Unfortunately, Rian’s [Johnson] film is the first one I won’t be able to watch as an audience member," he explained. "I got that privilege with The Force Awakens. I just got to go see it with a Star Wars fan. I got to sit next to my kid and just giggle as we read the crawl because we were so excited. Rogue One was the same way. I didn’t see it in advance. That time is over now. Star Wars is no longer that experience for me. If there’s anything kind of sad about it, it’s that I don’t get to have that.”

While he's doing his prep work for Episode IX, Trevorrow has to be privy to all the plot twists, spoilers and possible new characters that could be introduced. Seeing it all come together will no doubt be very be exciting for Trevorrow, but it must also lose some of its punch not being able to go in completely spoiler free. That said, he does also state that he, “wouldn’t trade it.”
He's right about that, cause being a Star Wars fan, he gets to see the movies for the 1st time by just being a fan and sitting next to other fans at the theater, now that he's directing, he knows how Episode 9 begins and ends, so its spoiled for him, and he wont be able to see the movie as a fan for the 1st time.