View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 09:29 AM   #36
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
This thread's premise seems a bit pointless considering this sub-forum is primarily dedicated to FW TMNT... hell these forums originally were founded with the intent of making fans of the FW series come together. So a thread titled "The Fred Wolf Appreciation Thread" is a bit redundant.
It's more "TMNT in General" at this point.

Anyway, well I did lose a certain amount of respect for this show after learning about that sleazy lawsuit where FW tried to sue Eastman and Laird for control of the franchise, and David Wise's BS interview where he paints himself as the "true" creator of TMNT

And, also because most of it didn't age well.

But, I have to admit that when I put in my DVD and watch an episode, it's suddenly 90s Saturday morning again, even if it's Wednesday night. And, I have to love it for that. Also, I like the goofy Dick Tracy gangster characters. And, some of the humor holds up, mainly the 4th wall jokes, most of "Corporate Raiders from Dimension X", and that episode where Don keeps lecturing Raph about destroying property until Raph get's fed up and (channeling Mirage Raph) tells Don to shut up and breaks down a door.

Also, I like the Neutrinos, including the Mike/Kala pairing, and I like them as Greaser/Beatniks instead of soldiers (because I like Greasers and Beatniks), so FW is the only game in town there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
when you have lots of fred wolf bashers in a place named after fred wolf, sometimes you have to remind folks why this site is here . it is possible to like all aspects of tmnt .
Just don't pretend it's one-sided.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote