View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 02:44 PM   #83
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Reptile View Post

It bothers me most I guess because I think 2012 Splinter will forever be my favorite incarnation from now on. I loved Hoon Lee's performance. I can't see a better Splinter ever coming after his in my lifetime. Which makes how he got batted around like a whipping boy and murdered repeatedly all the more irritating in hindsight. But hey, it's my opinion. I'm entitled to it.
I agree Nick's Splinter is my favorite incarnation of the character to date. I absolutely loved how he was a more capable fighter rather than being the aging rat or "Yoda" type character he's portrayed as in other series. I also love how he fought as a rat in this show, where he ran on all fours and bit with his mouth and used his tail...this is something most other series never did.

Although I have to say, I do like that Splinter died for real. I have to hand it to the Nick writers, they're the first cartoon that had the guts to kill off Splinter...in a kids show no less. It's quite shocking as much as I liked the character.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote