View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 09:41 PM   #40
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Finished watching Season 4 and wow, amazing, easily the best season so far, I"ll try to finish S5 as quickly as possible since my free time is about to vanish, and I wasted it all on TMNT it's been worth it though.

I love Tokka, having a giant turtle Gamera homage was so cool and makes me wish we had a kaiju cg show like that.

Did they leave Fishface to die in the finale?

When did they de-age Leatherhead? He went from old gray to ambiguously gray in a few episodes but he was definitely green in his last appearance.

The show got pretty gruesome the last few episodes, I was surprised with how much they were getting away with, besides all the obvious ones it also seemed Shredder broke his arm on-screen though he was shown using it fine a few seconds later a la Mortal Kombat X.

Splinter dying didn't have a lot of emotion since the had just done that for feels last season, it's cool they had the balls to do it, I always thought 2k3 would do it but they never did but yeah the impact was lessened because of the last finale.

Super Shredder being featured for so long was really neat, I was always a fan of him. However pre mutated Shredder was beaten in a bit anti-climatic way after saving the world from the triceraton invation, 2k3 had the same problem with ch'rell IMO.

When did Shredder's mutants become so loyal? Especially Baxter, I mean he obviously hated them and just off-screen he now becomes the most loyal member?

Poor Tiger Claw was de-clawed, it's hard to take him seriously after the Alopex, not only do we see his origins which was rather weak, I would've preferred it remain a mistery, but in his origin we see that it's Alopex who kicked his ass, and then in the episode he kicks his ass again and maims him, I don't know if I"ll be able to take him seriously again, in the finale with the cool cybernetic hand he was used as fodder.

The black ninja outfits were cool but I don't know if they should've used them, they looked like Slash. Really cool to see Casey use his real mask tho.

Dark Phoenix Saga April reached the epitome of annoying, those psychic powers were the worst thing to happen to her, why couldn't they just let her be a kunoichi and leave it at that?

Now onto Season 5 or I guess it's called Tales of the TMNT? Or was the whole show retconned as Tales of the TMNT?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote