View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 08:07 PM   #78
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Oh mighty Ai, I seek your wisdom, because I'm stuck.

Okay, I think it's time to dip into the ole savings account cuz I'm pissed. I've got this old Gateway monitor that was made in 2000. It's gotten the job done quite well thus far, but it has this problem with dark tinting. It's a manufacturing defect. It has gotten worse until now I can't do sh*t. Even this board is almost unreadable. That was the cut off point, but there's more. You see, my monitor is the center of my entertainment. All, and I mean ALL of my consoles are hooked to a switcher than runs to the ATI card. In other words, I play all video games on a high def screen rather than a crappy ole TV. Imagine trying to play Metroid Prime 2 on a screen that's this dark. Completely unplayable. So....I need a new one. I want to go LCD, and from what I can tell, Apple makes the best ones, but that leads to this question. Will an Apple LCD work on a Windows based PC?

More specifically, will the Apple 20-Inch Cinema (the one on the left of the page below) work on a Windows PC. I have an ATI Radeon 7500 (with DVI), 1GB of Ram, and a 2.5Ghz Pentium 4. Here's the link to the page.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...=AppleDisplays

Yes, I can afford it (on a payment plan), and I need to start building some credit anyways.

While I'm at it, my mother is thinking about getting one as well to replace her very aging TV that is going out fast. She wants that big ass 30-inch one on the right side of the page. Do you know if it would work on a Windows PC with 528MB ram, an ATI Radeon 7500 (with DVI) and a 1Ghz Pentium III? She wants to hook that sucker to the cable box and watch the Discovery Channel and Stargate in HD. I can see why.

Anyways, can you help me out here? Hope I'm not asking too much.