View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 10:31 AM   #23
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I guess that'd be fine. Though I don't imagine four guys raised in a sweaty sewer for all their life to grow up and kill a guy would be terribly worried about concepts of "normalcy," "family life," or "self-expression."

It's probably like Batman wearing a yellow circle on his chest when that was the only part on his costume that was bulletproof... if you're aiming a gun and the Turtles are darting around in the dark your eye might train on the flowing bandannas and not any fleshy parts.

Or maybe they just look cool.
I actually see that as a really endearing part of the characters but I guess that can vary from person to person. The drive to avenge Yoshi's master is high on my list of essential elements too.
But I think it's important that they feel the isolation down there in the sewers. I would never say that their number one mission is to befriend all of New York, but I like the idea that they try and replicate what they see on television and in the city streets, as a way of belonging, or just to give them some visual personality.

Neither Batman's yellow symbol or the red bandana's being a distraction for enemies really hold much water for me. That said, I can suspend my imagination enough, given that they look fantastic.
My only hangup is when we see the turtles constantly hanging around the lair in knee-pads and masks, with weapons holstered. Image, and sometimes Mirage, handled this pretty well for my taste though.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote