View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 09:48 PM   #448
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
If kids back in 1990 loved the first tmnt film,I see no reason why they wouldn't like a darker tmnt film in todays age of gritty reboots.
Very true.

Quote:
I have a feeling that if Rise suddenly becomes a big hit and brings on the second turtlemania, that will give the creators of the film more liberty over the next film since the tmnt brand would generate good profit anyway.

On the other hand, if the show only performs average, then Nick will play it safe and make the next movie as light as the show by listening to what the charts say about the latest trends and their profit potential.
I doubt Rise will lead to Turtlemania part 2. Partly because it seems so thrown together but mostly because the wave of popularity enjoyed by the franchise in the 80s and early 90s is something I don't will ever be properly replicated.

I tend to think there's been a diminishing returns with the shows. The success of the Fred Wolf show era speaks for itself, the 4kids show can seem like the awkward, overlooked middle child but for two years in a row it's toys where the best selling and it had a slew of mediocre but commercially successful video games, the Nicktoon can seem a big deal with being broadcast in the nerd media era and having prime time specials and all but frankly it seems less of a hit with it's intended audience of kids the '03 show which in turn was clearly much less of a hit than the '87 show.

Of course if Rise does become a success then it's 50/50 whether they would try and replicate the show's formula in a theatrical movie or treat TV and movies as separate entities for very different audiences. This all assume that even with a hit show a movie would be on the cards, frankly after Out of the Shadows I still think pitching a new TMNT movie to a studio would be an uphill battle.

Last edited by Galactus; 09-23-2017 at 09:58 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote