View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 05:46 PM   #33
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers
Splinter,
Who, exactly, do you consider to be 'the fans'? Us, of course, but this line is also for CHILDREN. Read my post aboe, and you'll see we're getting some cool stuff! But, there has to be children-aimed toys as well. IE-in the star wars line, you get the occasional redo of R2-D2 so the character is there for children.

Aside from baxter's face, the figure, the toy itself, is just fine. "Dropped the bomb" is such an exaggeration. I mean, this line is still fresh, who cares if there's one figure that a) isn't from an episode we know of, and b) is a little bit different from what "the fans" want. I think we're all just spoiled, and need to chill.
Darthsmozers, clearly you don't understand how the toy industry works. Children -love- to recreate scenes from shows with figures. Sure they expand up them with imagination. But it will typically always start out centered on something that happened in the toon.

As for Star Wars, that's an awful example. All of the figures (or atleast 90% of them) are movie accurate. It is not an example of making a 'toyetic' figure for kids. They will play with R2 no matter what. If Playmates wants to ignore the toon, then fine. I will continue to offer a less then steller review on their work.

They dropped the bomb with a lot of fans with the inaccurate toon TMNT figures. I didn't mind it as much at first. But then we got the non-accurate Space Hoppers, when accurate ones were planned. That was the first clamp release on the bomb. Heaven forbid that they actually give the -fans- what they want.

Sure, kids may love it. But then make two different baxters. Pack a toon accurate 'Spider Baxter' in the Mouser 6-Pack instead of one of the mousers. See, perfect compromise. A Baxter for the kiddies, and one for us. That's how the line -should- be run. Especially since that was how it was promised to be run.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote