View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 01:24 PM   #40
pferreira
Foot Elite

The Fred Wolf series is one of my favourite cartoons of all time next to The Real Ghostbusters. I'll always stand by that. It fuelled my imagination growing up and was a great source of ideas. I just think it's a sad we need an appreciation thread for a show that's constantly bashed on a website that was built on the show! I mean if you say you like the FW series and find it as worthy as other iterations you immediately get called a mental patient with limited Internet access or some other BS. I mean WTF?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Show was awesome when I was 6, 7. I remember getting mad when the same old episodes would play when I was anxious for new ones.
Imagine being a BBC viewer back in the early 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
and David Wise's BS interview where he paints himself as the "true" creator of TMNT
I've had problems with David in the past online due to his political views (he's limited Facebook post access as a result) and constant rudeness towards me. While he may embellish stuff about his involvement in the show he's not totally wrong. Before every Mirage fan here goes nuts on me like before I'll quote what you said in another post from another thread to explain why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
There's always so much talk about how vastly different FW TMNT is from the original Mirage comics.

And, it's true. The 80s show mostly used the comic as loose inspiration rather than attempt a true adaptation. To be fair, the comic had only got to about issue 11 by that point so there wasn't that much Mirage around to adapt yet. They kinda had to come up with their own take on it.
So yeah that answers that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
This thread's premise seems a bit pointless considering this sub-forum is primarily dedicated to FW TMNT... hell these forums originally were founded with the intent of making fans of the FW series come together. So a thread titled "The Fred Wolf Appreciation Thread" is a bit redundant.
Not really. I don't really see FW series fans come together, I see the series bashed every week I come here. A thread like this is necessary. It's ironic as you say considering it's built on the FW series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The topic of this thread seems... Oddly defensive...
I wonder why neatoman...I wonder why...

Quote:
My excuse is just that I was like 15 when I first tried to watch it, way past the age range to have the flaws fly over my head.
I watched TMNT when I was 7 or 8 and noticed most of the animation flaws as well as the formulaic plots. Who cares when the show is this much fun?

Quote:
Too late! Let's see here:
Cam Clarke, 59
Barry Gordon, 68
Rob Paulsen, 61
Townsend Coleman, 63
Pat Fraley, 68
You might want to add Peter Renaday, he's 82.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote