View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 07:25 PM   #76
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
I thought i was hardcore, then i came over here and found a lot more crazier people than i am over here.

My collection is strictly limited to figures.
I don't understand why people would want to collect comics or art (which can easily be duplicated. I can't duplicate an action figure, just sayin).

But it 's nice to see various people with various interests which i will never get into or understand.
I agree, it's cool to see what everyone's personal interests are. Here is some insight into why I like to collect art.

-It's one of a kind. You're right about photocopies, they can be made by the thousands. But that's like saying why not collect reprint comics instead of original printings? Short answer: nothing is the same as an original. I might liken that to the re-released '87 figures with new packaging. Nothing is quite like the original "bursting from the brick wall" packaging.

-As an artist myself, I enjoy collecting art more than I do action figures. It's a personal preference. Everyone has their own tastes, which is what makes collecting great

-Art is easy to store and takes up minimal space. When I collected figures (I collected them MOC), they took up so much space.

-I agree about paying thousands. I have a hard time with that too. When I started buying art in the '90s, it was super cheap compared to now. It has really blown up in the past 10 years or so. Luckily there is art out there for almost any budget. There is plenty of good stuff outside of the $$$$ whales.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote