Thread: Revoltech
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #135
Wherenoturtlehasgoneb4
Random Punk

Thumbs up

So basically these are the FIRST tv accurate figures in the history of the franchise. I didn't complaint about that in the first toy line since the figures were much cooler than in tv, but that really was a problem for me in the 2003 toy line, where they didn't respected the look of the show at all, and those designs were pretty cool, it was a shame.
Revoltech's are my favorite figures, though I just own 3 because they don't have many licenses I'm into, regardless, they're the ones I like the most in my collection, I'm really glad they got the TMNT license.
Man, finally: Accurate colors, heads, proportions and everything, articulated fingers, the displaying possibilities, Donnie's extra Bo with extendable blade, Mikey's spinning chuks and correct places to carry his weapons, and the extra heads are pretty cool and right out of the show.
One thing, I only see the visible eyes (with pupils and irises) in the basic heads which I'm guessing are movable as in other Revoltechs, and I wonder if they're gonna include another head with the serious white eyes, or maybe you can open the faces to change the eyes? Looking at the figures heads it seems likely. Also I'm guessing they're gonna come with more accesories, I'm hoping for climbing claws and shurikens.
I REALLY like the new series, but I just picked Playmates Leo and Mikey after hesitation over the horrible toes and inaccurate head shape, I specially disliked Raph's color so I passed on him. Why is Playmates still trying to recreate the classic toy look on these? I mean it isn't like the demographic these toys are intended for is familiar with the 80's line...
Was it really that hard to make accurate figures? I'm guessing yes, because it took 26 years for it to happen, thank you Kaiyodo .
A Revoltech Newtralizer with all the articulation and accesories would be awesome, but I don't think Kaiyodo will be expanding beyond the four turtles since most of the Revoltechs consist just in main characters/protagonists.
Wherenoturtlehasgoneb4 is offline   Reply With Quote