View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 07:49 AM   #98
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
This might have been posted somewhere on here before, but I searched and couldn't find it. So here it is again anyway if so because I just saw it recently and wanted to make a point.

Spoiler:
Look at this. Look at this 4 minute Youtube video homage to the Ninja Turtles.

It was leagues better than ALL 100 minutes of BayTurtles by...by just so much.

There was no dialogue in this video, but I felt more brotherly camaraderie in this thing than in every bit of screentime the Turtles had in the BayTurtles movie.

In 4 minutes they managed to show me incredible Ninja Turtle-y martial arts, WITH Ninja Turtle weapons. They managed to show me all the personalities of all four Turtles WITH NO DIALOGUE. IN FOUR MINUTES. And they ended on an incredible cliffhanger that had me dying for more.

I felt infinitely more satisfied by this 4 minute Youtube video than I could EVER by the BayTurtles movie.

That scene of them all chasing "Leo" and the camera cutting to close-ups of their faces? Nearly made me cheer. It was friggin' beautiful.

There was no unnecessary Michael Bay/Megan Fox bullsh*t and it was amazing.

Four minute Youtube video vs a multi-million dollar Hollywood major motion picture. The four minute youtube video beat the f*ck out of the major motion picture and then cut its head off.

My point here is that there was no goddamn reason why we got what we got and are going to get what we're going to get. When a FOUR MINUTE YOUTUBE VIDEO manages to give you sooooo much of what the major motion picture didn't/couldn't? There's a friggin' problem.

I guess that's what happens when you give real fans of something the ability to do great things. They do great things.
Who wants to see actual martial arts? We all know the turtles punching and throwing their opponents because their giant is a lot better ( sarcasm ) .