View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 11:24 PM   #20
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
What's the sliding scale on the value of TMNT #1 these days? I'm in the process of having mine pressed and graded. It won't be 9.8, but a friend thinks it'll come back 9+.
I hope it does come back that high for you! There are always anomalies - even guys that follow the "no more than two spine ticks for a 9.2" get flabbergasted when their book comes back an 8.5. And remember - so many guys talk grading, but when you ask their opinion they don't look past the cover. They don't count pages or take staple integrity into account, etc. Just some high level heuristics to be aware of. But helll, even an 8.5 TMNT #1 is a great book, so.... If you knew all of that already, then just shift my intention to help over to intention to discuss.

As for that sliding scale of pricing you mentioned? Back when I was writing back issue market reports I was literally cultivating whatever online + brick and mortar retailer data I could farm for my examples. But nowadays you can just go to a market sales aggregator like Go Collect.com for real sales data. ComicsPriceGuide.com is supposed to do this as well and it's free although I'd argue that site will get you "in the ballpark" rather than any specifics. There are some recently sold examples over the last two months of eBay history, but several of those had some best offer negotiation involved so you'd want account for that a bit.

I'm curious as to what you find. If you haven't updated here by the time I'm done running this game sale thing I'm doing, I'll try to dig up some wider sales data. It'd be good for me too anyway if I plan on diving into another copy of this book anytime soon. -thumb's up-

Last edited by IMJ; 01-08-2020 at 11:32 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote