View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 01:05 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Such attention to detail! Truly a labor of love, from the Tournament Fighters (SNES) health & special gauges, to the Playmates cardback themed character selection screen. The spritework is awesome, both the backgrounds & avatar/cutscene art look beautiful. Your creativity with respect to April's fighting style is on point, whoa! The microphone whip concept is freakin' stellar & I love the camera flash special attack, too. I cannot wait to see what else you have in store for us. I hope this thing gets as much of your attention as real life permits!
Indeed! Who would have thought the Castlevania franchise would make the perfect base for April O'Neil beat em' up sprites? Considering both games were Konami's doing, it really makes for a perfect amalgamation! The microphone and camera flash attacks are something that would have totally happened in the bit-era of games. Speaking of the sprite-work, they are beautifully done and are very convincing 16-bit upgrades in the same vein as Super Mario All-Stars or Ninja Gaiden Trilogy.

I think Nelson has truly pulled off something amazing here by turning vintage reporter April into an amusing and competent character in the old games. Since the original TMNT2 NES game featured a regular weak standing attack and the 2-button strong attack as a reward for good timing, should we expect any equivalent for April? I noticed it seems to take her about three whips to take out an average Foot Soldier instead of two weak attacks. I'm curious to see if her exceptional attack range will compensate for her lower attack power (and no diagonal jump kicks, I assume) when it comes to the level bosses who presumably have equally long attack ranges (Rocksteady's quick kick was so frustrating to me back in the day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I think it's super neat! Makes me wish I'd stuck with my fangame.
So do I!

Say... what's the status of TMNT: Deliverance Reshelled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Usagi's totally a playable character...
Oh, man... I am curious as to whether they'll be a forth playable character. I don't know who would be the next logical choice after Casey, Splinter, and April.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote