View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 08:47 PM   #6
victory_angel
Foot Elite

What I see is ending the series as it began with the Turtles celebrating their Mutation Day with their extended honorary family.

Mikey I can see asking if their 16 now, and Donnie points out their actual age which would be 19 or 20
From there the Turtles, April, and Casey reflect on how far they have come since they were children, but boldly looking forward into living lives as adults.

I do hope that in a year or two, Nick goes against the trend of having them be teenagers, and instead has a continuing series where they are in their twenties even if it's just direct to DVD or a miniseries.

For example, Walt Disney did have a comment where he says "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

I know Nick is a network aimed at children, but it has had its shows that feel like they are aimed more at an adult audience than children such as Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life. Avatar the Last Air Bender and it's continuation Legend of Korra also had adult topics and situations that were aimed for more mature viewers but were downplayed enough to be acceptable for younger viewers.

Ciro had also commented earlier on that the had wanted to leave some things open enough to for someone to continue the series if they so wished.

This is wishful thinking, but I think it would be good to have a prequel to TMNT called "Turtles in Training"

This would focus on the Turtles as children and their lives growing up. I'm not expecting something like Muppet Babies, or Baby Loony Toons or any of those other shows that feature classic characters as children or babies just so they can be marketed to a younger audience.

It would more likely be closer to Rugrats since it will have the Turtles as very small children. And much of the story would be following their point of view of living in a world that will never truly accept them because of what they are.

Starting with Splinter settling in New York to pick up the pieces of his life following the death of Tang Shen and Miwa and just leaving the pet store with four turtles.
Before suddenly and unexpectedly finding himself the father of four healthy mutant turtles.

But now struggling to provide a life for his four rambunctious sons and keeping them safe. Since Splinter had said his greatest fears was of the Shredder learning of their existence.

And in doing so we also see and explore aspects about each of the Turtles that we know are there because they are established traits. But are never really explored otherwise.

And then a continuation series would be something like Mutant Ninja Warrior Turtles.
Take place a few years after the series ends, the Turtles have it implied that each of the Turtles have gone in separate directions.

Leo is on a training mission in another part of the world.
Donnie is retired from the life of a ninja and living at the farm house with April.
Mikey and Raph are still in New York, with the Mutanimals and Casey continuing to protect the city. But Raph feels bored since it feels the only action is from the Purple Dragons.
Until a threat emerges that forces the four brothers to come back together.