View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 04:14 PM   #73
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

I like the idea of Casey starting out as a regular guy and gradually becoming a vigilante over the course of a film. However, I think you would need a whole movie just about Casey in order to do it justice. Turtle fans, whether casual or committed, have been very vocal about the fact that they want the Turtle movies to focus on the Turtles! I like the idea of multiple villains. The OT cartoon often had Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, and Baxter Stockman all in the same episode. Also SOTO, did a decent job of juggling multiple villains. Bringing in a new hero, however, and following his gradual character development, will just take time away from the real heroes. I think the only way to properly include Casey Jones is to have him start off as a vigilante who's against the turtles and learns to work with them throughout the course of the film (like the 1990 movie) with maybe just a quick flashback scene about how he came to be. If they made a really good Turtles movie that focused mainly on the Turtles, then maybe fans would go and see a Casey Jones origin film (like with X-Men). In the 2014 movie, we only got to see the turtles come to be through a flashback. If the only character development the turtles got was through a flashback, then it makes no sense to make a film about the development of Casey Jones. Make Casey a supporting character and focus on the Turtles and Splinter.